The Gorilla Playsets Blue Ridge Mountaineer Playground System includes a number of great features that will entertain your kids for hours. It has a wood roof with sunbursts, dormers and chimney, a fort deck with a 5 foot height clearance, two swings made of heavy duty polyethylene plastic with reinforced nylon grommets and UV protectant, a trapeze bar, a 10 foot long wave slide with high sides to prevent kids from falling over the edge that is covered with UV inhibitors to protect it from heating and fading, a tube slide, climbing rock wall with a rope, a climbing rope ladder, a safety step ladder with flat steps to prevent kids from falling, a picnic table, sandbox, telescope, tic-tac-toe spinner panel, and a flag kit.
Gorilla playsets are made from cedar from ‘certified’ forests. The cedar is naturally resistant to rot, decay and insect damage and has been sealed in the factory beforehand. Assembly averages 30-40 hours with 2 or more people based on consumer reviews. The Playset arrives on a large pallet, this should be considered when being delivered.
Unlike Metal swingsets like Lifetime products, the Gorilla requires regular maintenance. Gorilla strongly encourages you to check all of the hardware, such as nuts and bolts, twice monthly for tightening. Also check swings, chains and slides for cracks or deterioration. You should also check regularly for rust and chipped paint on the metal components. Because the playset is made primarily out of wood, there is also a need to check often for splinters, large cracks, and decayed wood components, as well as a need to re-stain the wood annually. And they also encourage you to check for damaged equipment components like hand holds and guardrails.
Gorilla Playsets was founded in 1992 with the desire to create ready to assemble playsets using quality wood components, and durable accessories at an affordable price. Their playset designers have many years of combined experience designing safe, innovative, and sturdy playsets.
Though a quality playset, please consider the maintenance and delivery/ assembly time and requirements before purchasing. We gave the Gorilla Blue Ridge Mountaineer Playset our #6 rating based on the high quality wood used, play features, warranty, and maintenance requirements.
- Dimensions: 23ft L x 12ft W x 11ft H
- Shipping weight: 1000 lbs.
- Constructed from factory-stained and sealed Cunninghamia Lanceolata (in the Asian Cedar family) wood that is resistant to rot, decay, and insect damage; Green-coated beams are made from Southern Yellow Pine
- 10ft green Radical Ride Slide, Radical Ride II tube slide
- Includes rope ladder and rock wall with climbing rope
- Three position swing beam with two swings and one trapeze / 4in x 6in swing beam, 4ft x 6ft main fort, 5ft deck height / Powder-coated chains
- Warranty: 10 year on wood, 1 year on accessories
- Assembly Time: 30 – 40 hours based on consumers' reviews